GLib (gthread-posix.c): Unexpected error from C library during 'pthread_mutex_lock': Invalid argument. Aborting.

Sergei Vorobyov sergei.vorobyov at facilitylabs.com
Tue Sep 23 06:57:08 PDT 2014

Like I said, I can't even find out whether I have to link an audio pad to a
fakesink or just drop it unlinked, whether I have to explicitly unlink pads
(as long as I link them dynamically, on the "pad-added" signal, with a
callback), or not. Each time I get source pads from decodebin with
incremented ordinal numbers, which does not seem correct. This isn't
explained in the manuals. Maybe I just don't unreference something
correctly. What's the point in debugging something which doesn't probably
comply to the developer's intentions? The failures happen only for .wmv
files, with video acceleration using i965_drv_video.so

The art of debugging is about zooming in on the real problem, cutting off
trivial or nonessential things, not to debug everything altogether with the
biggest hammer available.

Maybe it's better to transcode .wmv files or avoid using  i965_drv_video.so
altogether