uvch264src element fails to work with two C920 devices

Adrian Pardini listas at tangopardo.com.ar
Tue Sep 23 14:18:24 PDT 2014

On 23 September 2014 18:11, Juan Robles <filosangrante at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to test the capture using two C920 cameras and it doesn't work.
> It seems to me that the second pipeline using the uvch264src element is
> being mapped to v4l2src0 instead of to v4l2src1, or at leas that's what I
> get from this line in the second pipeline that uses the second camera:
>
> gstv4l2bufferpool.c(994): gst_v4l2_buffer_pool_poll ():
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstUvcH264Src:video1/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0:
> poll error 1: No space left on device (28)
>
> Any ideas?

Hi Juan,

that error means that there is not enough bandwidth on your usb
controller to have simultaneous capture. You can try plugging one of
the cameras on another controller or add another if that is an option
on your system.

There are some messages here and on the linux-uvc list about these
cameras, for some combinations of resolution and format they ask for
more bandwidth than what appears necessary.