advice on live capture to disk

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Tue Sep 30 08:14:18 PDT 2014

How many threads is the encoder using? 6-7 years ago when I was working on
a software only video conferencing system, we set up a 4 core (real cores,
not hyperthreaded) Zeon 3 GHz system capturing 1080p. We could participate
in conferences with the hardware/embedded systems and no one could tell the
difference. That was 1080p encode and decode and the CODEC was single
threaded. Yes, h264 should be able to handle it, especially since you only
need to capture/encode and save.