Python bindings to gstreamer rtspserver plugin

Krutskikh Ivan stein.hak at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 06:48:14 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I was wondering, what's the status of subj bindings? It seams to be 0.10
only in every source I googled. That's too bad, since the whole 0.10 I
believe is unsupported. But even so, I tried the following example
https://github.com/mpromonet/rpi/blob/master/gpio/rtspserver.py with a
little chain adjustment ( used "souphttpsrc is-live=1 location=
http://192.168.0.243:8090/int_cam?ch=1 ! mpegtsdemux ! rtph264pay
name=pay0" to re-stream the http ts stream by vlc), but got only

** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GstObject)
Add Service rtsp://linux-aeo3.site:9000/videotest.h264

With no network i/o what so ever. Connection to rtsp server returned

** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GstObject)
Add Service rtsp://linux-aeo3.site:9000/videotest.h264

When I tried pulling down rtsp stream by vlc:

** (rtspserver.py:8491): WARNING **: ignoring stream 0 without media type

Vlc returned 503 for an error.

What am I missing here? Maybe there is something more to add to the chain
to provide the media type?

Thanks in advance!