Can't use autovideosink for gstreamer on raspberry pi

Mart Raudsepp leio at gentoo.org
Fri Apr 10 09:19:41 PDT 2015

On R, 2015-04-10 at 07:56 -0700, nguahoang wrote:
> Dear Mart,
> I tried to compile gst-plugins-bad-1.4.5 within your recommend options. I
> finished, but I only get eglglessink, not glimagesink (I don't se it when
> use command: gst-inspect-1.0 | grep sink). And, the video was rotated 180 on
> screen when I use eglglessink to sink video on raspberry.
> Please help me.
> Thank you very much.

You seem to still pick up the system plugins, not your 1.4.5
compilation.
If you look into that eglglessink with "gst-inspect-1.0 eglglessink" it
shows a "Filename" row, which probably points at your system raspbian
install, not your 1.4.5 install.
Make sure you actually end up using 1.4.5. I suspect you even have
gst-inspect-1.0 saying a 1.2 version.

How is your 1.4.5 install done?
I use a gst-uninstalled setup, which comes with scripts to set the
necessary environment variables like PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
GST_PLUGIN_PATH, GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH and so on.
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gst-running.html

Prepending your installed library location (for the helper libs) to
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, the location of 1.4.5 binaries like gst-inspect-1.0
prepended to PATH and the 1.4.5 plugins install location set as
GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH should get you somewhere.

Mart