Accessing Metadata from Appsink / fakesink

Thornton, Keith keith.thornton at zeiss.com
Wed Aug 5 06:55:22 PDT 2015

Hi,
I have a plugin which inserts metadata into my pipeline. I would like to retrieve the metadata in the handoff-callback of fakesink but am having problems.
The metadata and API types have already been registered by the plugin but when I call gst_meta_api_type_register from the application it returns a GType of 0.
Is what I am trying to do principally possible or are there reasons why this just cant't work
My application uses the current GIT Master under Windows 7 / x64
Regards.