Blocking gst_pad_send_event with gst_event_new_eos

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Fri Aug 7 01:49:34 PDT 2015

On Fri, 2015-08-07 at 08:21 +0000, Marc Lievens wrote:

Hi Marc,

> I'm using gstreamer 1.5.0 with pipeline rtspsrc! rtph264depay!
> h264parse! matroskamux ! filesink
>

> When I send a gst_pad_send_event(matroskamux sink ,
> gst_event_new_eos())) it block sometimes.
>
> I have the idea that this happens only when the pipeline is in the
> PAUSED state.

This seems plausible. When the pipeline (sink) is in PAUSED state, no
buffers are rendered and the sink blocks upstream elements. An EOS will
also only be processed (notified to the application) in PLAYING state.

Is there a reason your pipeline/sink is in PAUSED state at this point?

Cheers
 -Tim

Join us at the GStreamer Conference: 8-9 October 2015 in Dublin, Ireland