Add/remove pipeline branches from tee

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Tue Aug 11 01:36:02 PDT 2015

On Tue, 2015-08-11 at 01:03 -0700, petesmah wrote:

> Update: I realised, to my own negligence, that I wasn't error checking the
> link between the udpsink branch and the tee. It turns out it's not actually
> linking at all, and returning GST_PAD_LINK_NOFORMAT. This occurs only when
> switching from the (queue -> fakesink) branch to the (queue -> imxvpudec ->
> ... -> imxvpuenc_h264 -> rtph264pay -> udpsink) branch. However, I'm not
> sure why this is occurring, and can't find much documentation on that link
> return.

Which link exactly (between which two elements) produces this? It
usually means the two pads don't share a common format (caps).

You could do this before you try linking:

gst_debug_set_threshold_from_string ("*:6", TRUE);
 ... link ...
gst_debug_set_threshold_from_string ("*:0", TRUE);

to get some debug output about what happens during the linking process.

Cheers
 -Tim

Join us at the GStreamer Conference: 8-9 October 2015 in Dublin, Ireland