Detect changes in resolution in a mjpeg stream

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia guille.rodriguez at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 12:34:32 PDT 2015

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I just tried this -- installed an event pad probe at the srcpad of
jpegdec (had to adjust a bit since for this one I am stuck with
gstreamer-0.10, which has gst_pad_add_event_probe instead of
gst_pad_add_probe). However when the source stream changes resolution,
I see that all the downstream elements notice the change, then my
callback function is called. My problem is that I need to intercept
the change before it reaches downstream elements. Is this possible ?

Thank you,

Guillermo