omxvideoenc: Failed to force a keyframe: Unsupported index (0x8000101a)

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Sun Aug 16 04:18:22 PDT 2015

On 16 Aug 2015, at 9:35 AM, Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com> wrote:

> It might just not be supported by the RPi OpenMAX IL implementation. No
> OpenMAX IL implementations implements all the things that are mentioned
> in the spec, and none of them even implements everything they implement
> in a way that is conforming with the spec.
>

> That said, this might also be a bug on our side. We currently set this
> config on the port with index 200. Maybe it is only supported to be set
> on the other port, 201 (IIRC).

Confirmed with the RPi people, OMX_IndexConfigVideoIntraVOPRefresh is not supported:

https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/462

It looks like OMX_IndexConfigBrcmVideoRequestIFrame might do the trick, but the question then becomes is the existing code wrong and OMX_IndexConfigBrcmVideoRequestIFrame should be used instead of OMX_IndexConfigVideoIntraVOPRefresh, or this is a case of where some platforms use the one and some the other?

Regards,
Graham
—