Volume plugin and GstStreamVolume

Natanael Mojica neithanmo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 08:40:06 PDT 2015

Hi
I'm using the plugin volume in my aplication, With QT and gstreamer-1.4.5,
I attach the slider signal (valueChanged (int)) to my volume function, I use

:
gst_stream_volume_set_volume (this-> volume,
GST_STREAM_VOLUME_FORMAT_LINEAR, value);

for dynamically change the volume value of the audio stream in the
pipeline, but I get this error:

"/home/neithan/gstreamer/gstvideo/gstaudio.cpp:42: Error: can not convert
'{aka _GstElement GstElement * *}' to '{aka _GstStreamVolume
GstStreamVolume * *}' for argument '1' to 'void
gst_stream_volume_set_volume (GstStreamVolume *, GstStreamVolumeFormat,
gdouble) '
     gst_stream_volume_set_volume (this-> volume,
GST_STREAM_VOLUME_FORMAT_LINEAR, value); "

I known, the Volume is not a GstStreamVolume element type, but, using
gst-inspect-1.0 volume, That return the properties and functions of volume
plugin and interfaces, and there, I See That volume plugin implements the
GstStreamVolume

"Implemented Interfaces:
  GstStreamVolume "

can I use this element for dynamically change the volume of the audio
stream in my pipeline?
how do that?

Thanks

Neithan.