sending decoded data over TCP or to files

Adam Puckett adotsdothmusic at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 05:42:55 PDT 2015

What I'm trying to do is get raw pixels from images/video in order to
implement something akin to the vOICe (http://seeingwithsound.com/),
but which would synthesize different frequency bands that would
represent the RGB colorspace (e.g., low frequencies for red, midrange
frequencies for green, higher frequencies for blue). My pipelines,
which I just now discovered are working, are:

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc num-buffers=1 ! jpegenc ! filesink location=file.jpg

and

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=file.jpg ! jpegdec ! videoconvert !
video/x-raw,format=RGB ! filesink location=file.rgb

My next question is, how do I get the width and height of the frames?
Or would it be best to simply videoconvert ! videoscale them to a
predefined width/height?