how to find playbin plugin by name

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Mon Aug 24 23:42:35 PDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-08-24 at 22:45 +0100, Manusha Wijekoon wrote:

Hi,

> I am creating a pipeline by using the function gst_parse_launch(). The
> pipeline passed has a playbin component with name property set to XXX.
> When I try to search for playbin element using the
> API gst_bin_get_by_name, it returns null however. I have used the same
> code to find other elements by name.
>
> what am I doing wrong?

Playbin is a pipeline itself already, you are not really supposed to put
it into other pipelines, and it's not supposed to be used as a
'component' of other pipelines either, so I'm not sure what you're doing
exactly. Perhaps you could post some code?

Cheers
 -Tim

Join us at the GStreamer Conference: 8-9 October 2015 in Dublin, Ireland