restarting the pipeline

Yakov Sudeikin yakovs at setplex.com
Wed Dec 2 07:49:59 PST 2015

I have been told (many times) that set_state(NULL), set_state(PLAY) is all
you need to completely restart the pipeline. But I am facing again and
again the situation when I need to restart the process instead, because my
pipeline will not work otherwise when restarted by NULL/PLAY state change.
I can see that first half of the pipeline is working, it is sinking is what
not working after this kind of "soft restart". My pipeline is
soup->demux->x264enc->flvmux->rtmpsink.

Do dou know if rtmpsink causing this? Is there a way to force it restart
without killing the program? Maybe delete the element and create a new one?

Thank you