Regarding dx9screencapsrc udp pipleline

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Dec 7 01:15:58 PST 2015

On So, 2015-12-06 at 21:12 -0800, ashishgupta_mca wrote:
> Thanks a lot Sebestian. Putting the "videoconvert" before
> "autovideosink"
> make it work.
>
> But for a curiosity. The below server and client pipelines works
> without "videoconvert" before "autovideosink".
>
> But for "dx9screencapsrc", I have to put "videoconvert" before
> "autovideosink"(why?).

The caps after the decoder are going to be different. If you run the
working pipeline (i.e. with videoconvert) with gst-launch-1.0 -v, you
will see the caps that are configure on the source pad of avdec_h264 in
both cases.

My guess is that once you get Y444 (not working) and another time I420
(working), or something like that.