input selector does not help in gapless camera switching in gstreamer 1.X master branch

Janardana Dasa janardanadasa3 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 09:34:29 PST 2015

Hi ,

I have 5 ip cameras (all are rtspsrc element) and one audio src (rtspsrc)

All 5 ip cameras are connected with input-selector element and it switched
from one camera to another camera.

My code works perfectly fine [1] : http://hastebin.com/raw/adatujewes

But there is one flaw in streaming. I am seeing a pause for 1 second
whenever input-selector is switching between camera.

Look at timestamp 1min 12sec on my streaming video url which is using my
binary generated from code [1]:

[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPlN_3YhmrM

You will see cameras are switched every 5 seconds after 1:12 on that url
[2]  However, there is a pause of 1 second when camera switching happens,

I tried with changing delay of queue/ replacing queue with queue2/ making
rtspsec latency=0  .

But nothing helps me . I am kind of stuck.

Can anyone please help me ?

Thanks in advance .

Regards
Janardana