Upgrading from gstreamer 1.4.5 to 1.6.1 lags a lot reading a stream

stic at free.fr stic at free.fr
Wed Dec 16 02:03:35 PST 2015

thanks, but this doesn't work for me.

----- Mail original -----
À: gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org
Envoyé: Mercredi 16 Décembre 2015 10:40:24
Objet: Re: Upgrading from gstreamer 1.4.5 to 1.6.1 lags a lot reading a stream

Il 16/12/2015 10:28, stic at free.fr ha scritto:

Yes, with gstreamer 1.4 using fakesink sync=true max-lateness=20000000 does not produce the warnings.
as workaround try to set

"max-lateness",(gint64)5000000000
I have this in my app and I don't see the problem, however even if it works it is a workaround that hide some other problem. I don't remember anymore why I use this value in my app but it is there from long time (since 0.10)

Nicola