gst-plugins-bad: glupload/download/convert: provide transform_caps functions

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Feb 4 08:45:40 PST 2015

On Mo, 2015-02-02 at 19:36 -0800, Matthew Waters wrote:
> Module: gst-plugins-bad
> Branch: master
> Commit: c06715bde6b261d3f93381a0bdb57cab0e35c647
>
> Author: Matthew Waters <matthew at centricular.com>
> Date:   Tue Feb  3 00:11:06 2015 +1100
>
> glupload/download/convert: provide transform_caps functions
>
> Allows finer grain decisions about formats and features at each
> stage of the pipeline.
> Also provide propose_allocation for glupload besed on the supported
> methods.

This commit breaks support for anything but RGBA in glimagesink,
gltestsrc and probably also the others :)

I think the transform function in colorconvert is wrong, as it only
intersects while it should probably remove the format info first? That
fixes it, but I'm not sure if that is correct. There's also that
function in glimagesink's getcaps to remove the format, but it only does
that for sysmem caps, so it is a complete no-op currently. So a few ways
of fixing this, but I don't know how it is supposed to work.