imx6 / mainline linux / basic problems

Bing Song Kevin.Song at freescale.com
Sun Feb 8 18:56:00 PST 2015

Sorry, I have some basic question:

1. v4l2video1dec is video decoder plugin based on V4L2 mem to mem API? And the backend is VPU decoder on imx6? VPU decoder is implemented in Kernel? There is VPU lib in user space, do you use VPU lib?

2. What is the best implement of video decoder based on hardware? There are VA-API, CODA, V4L2 mem to mem, also have vpudec based on gstvideodecoder base.

3. vpudec can get best performance and can link with V4L2 output, also can link with videoconvert_ipu and glimangsink, all can get best performance. Should avoid video frame copy as video decoder will use hardware buffer which is non-cachable buffer. IPU and G2D can used to do CSC and resize.

Regards,
Song Bing.