Building GStreamer SDK from latest sources for ARM/Android

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Feb 20 00:46:43 PST 2015

On Do, 2015-02-19 at 14:56 -0700, Steve Johnson wrote:
> Thank you, that worked great. Now I am trying to play around with the
> code to get my feet wet, but everytime I make a change to a local
> source file, the change is overwritten by the build.
>
> For example, I added a comment to the following file to see if it
> would get propagated to the ~/cerbero/sources/android-arm folder when
> I execute the build:
>
> ~/cerbero/sources/local/gstreamer-1.0/libs/gst/net/gstnettimeprovider.c
>
> But, no, the local file was overwritten.
>
> What is the standard procedure for making local changes to the sources
> and then building? I don’t (currently) expect to be posting any
> changes upstream, this is just for experimentation on my end.

You could create a local GIT branch with those changes, and then point
recipes/gstreamer-1.0.recipe and recipes/gstreamer-1.0-static.recipe to
that. You would add a new remote with some name (e.g. 'local') and
pointing to file:///path/to/git and then select a commit from there with
the commit variable, e.g. commit = 'local/master'.