out of sync when capturing video and audio at the same time playing back

phdloli OoOfreedom at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 14:24:02 PST 2015

Hi, here is my problem.
Now I can capture video and audio together then mux them into mp4 file. And
it works well.
The pipeline is
"gst-launch-1.0 -e autovideosrc always-copy=FALSE num-buffers=-1
do-timestamp=TRUE ! queue ! x264enc speed-preset=veryfast ! queue ! mux.
autoaudiosrc num-buffers=-1 typefind=TRUE do-timestamp=TRUE ! queue !
audioconvert ! queue ! voaacenc  ! queue ! mux. mp4mux name=mux ! filesink
location= 3.mp4 sync=true"

But now I don't want to mux them into file, but just play back at the same
time capturing. But the video and audio are out of sync. The sequence is
like that

autovideosrc -> queue -> x264enc -> queue -> h264parse -> autovideosink
autoaudiosrc -> queue -> audioconvert -> voaacenc -> queue -> aacparse ->
faad -> autoaudiosink

Can anybody tell me the correct way to sync the video and audio if I want to
just play them back at the same time capturing?

By the way my platform is Mac OS and the Gstreamer is 1.4.3.
I'm using C now...
Thank you very much.