Gstreamer Issue on Android mobile

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Jan 9 01:04:36 PST 2015

On Mo, 2015-01-05 at 05:23 -0800, Gokul Vellingiri wrote:
> I tried gstreamer turorial from the
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~slomo/gst-sdk-tutorials/tree/gst-sdk/tutorials/
> <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~slomo/gst-sdk-tutorials/tree/gst-sdk/tutorials/>
> .I'm streaming rtp packets using udpsrc element.I got the streaming working
> perfect in my Android mobile(MOTO X).I had used the following pipeline to
> stream the frame:
>
> Pipeline:
> *data->pipeline = gst_parse_launch("udpsrc port=5000 ! application/x-rtp,
> clock-rate=90000, encoding-name=(string)H264, payload=96  !  rtpjitterbuffer
> ! queue ! rtph264depay ! h264parse  !  decodebin ! videoconvert !
> fpsdisplaysink ",&error);
> *
>
> The strange thing which i noticed was when i tried the same application in
> another mobile(Samsung Galaxy Note II),the video got inverted.I don't know
> where i'm going wrong.
>
> <http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4670101/Error_screen.png>
>
> In LOGCAT i got the following error message:
>
> <http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4670101/Logcat.png>
>
> Any idea why is that so??

That looks like the OpenGL ES API on the Galaxy Note II is incompletely
implemented... unfortunately it does not tell us which API is missing.
You should be able to get that with a debugger and adding a breakpoint
to the relevant function that outputs this error.

Which version of GStreamer are you using? 1.2 or 1.4?