Tee pipeline stall on pause

Sérgio Agostinho sergio.r.agostinho at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 05:42:50 PST 2015

Hi,

line 85

> gst_element_release_request_pad (tee, tee_q2_pad);

was it supposed to be tee_q1_pad. Notice that when you invoke
gst_element_release_request_pad you are effectively deleting your request
pad from the tee element. Or at least that's what I interpreted by the
explanation given on gst_element_remove_pad()

> Removes pad from element . pad will be destroyed if it has not been
> referenced elsewhere using gst_object_unparent()
> <http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstObject.html#gst-object-unparent>
> .
>
> This function is used by plugin developers and should not be used by
> applications. *Pads that were dynamically requested from elements
> with gst_element_request_pad()
> <http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstElement.html#gst-element-request-pad> should
> be released with the gst_element_release_request_pad()
> <http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstElement.html#gst-element-release-request-pad> function
> instead.*

But since tee_q2_pad is not pointing to anything at this point you should
only see a couple of warnings.

line 86

> gst_object_unref (tee_q1_pad);

You unref the tee pad 1 before linking in line 93

line 87

> gst_object_unref (tee_q2_pad);

tee_q2_pad wasn't allocated at this point

Basically lines 85 to 87 should be deleted and I'm under the impression
that lines 109 and 110 are useless. Once you unref the pipeline, everything
inside it should be unreffed as well.

Also, try to set the sync property of the autovideosink element to false
and see what happens.

Cheers,