Save an MPEG2 compressed file from live stream

Paul Barber paul.barber at oncology.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 15 07:39:36 PST 2015

Hi,
Thanks for all your comments, very helpful. I am happy that
gst_element_send_event() works.
I have since discovered the video files that I thought were bad, do not
play in Totem, will actually play in VLC and mplayer. So something is
wrong or non-compliant somewhere, but I am not taking this any further.
Thanks again for your help.
Paul.