Cross-compilation errors preventing build

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Jan 16 02:09:54 PST 2015

On Mi, 2015-01-14 at 18:52 +0000, Leonard Pimentel wrote:
> General cross-compiling question
>
> Are there two solutions (at minimum) to solve the following warning
> [file moved] and error [no such file]?  I am running into build
> errors.  Help is appreciated.

The warning is something you don't have to worry much about usually...
unless it actually leads to the error you see now.

First of all, don't use GStreamer 0.10 for any new application. It's no
longer maintained and supported since more than 2 years and missing a
lot of (critical) bugfixes and of course also new features.

For the libtool warning, the simplest fix would be to remove the .la
files from /home/mydrive/rootfs/usr/lib. Alternatively you could change
the paths in all the .la files to be correct again.

I assume the problem here is that you have selected /usr/lib as a prefix
(which is going to be used by the real hardware later), and then you
installed with "make install DESTDIR=/home/mydrive/rootfs". libtool is
generally not very happy about that, and you will also get problems with
pkg-config unless you set PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOT_DIR to /home/mydrive/rootfs
in the environment.