gst-omx encoder change caps

BK brijeshku84 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 07:24:11 PST 2015

Thanks for your input. Finally I got it working last night. As per doc I
should not be setting the resolution information in input caps instead
those info should be set in the returned GstVideoCodeState.

"The specified *caps* should not contain any resolution,
pixel-aspect-ratio, framerate, codec-data, .... Those should be specified
instead in the returned GstVideoCodecState
<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-libs/html/gst-plugins-base-libs-gstvideoutils.html#GstVideoCodecState>."

But I did tried setting the resolution in input caps which didn't help.
Then I looked at  gst_video_encoder_negotiate_default() implementation
which gave me hint that the width and height information is retrieved from
the state->info{width/height} fields and not from the caps. After setting
the info->width and info->height in the state I see the correct negotiated
caps.

now my code looks like this:

state = gst_video_encoder_set_output_state (GST_VIDEO_ENCODER (self), caps,
self->input_state);
state->info.width = scaling_width;
state->info.height = scaling_height;

 if (!gst_video_encoder_negotiate (GST_VIDEO_ENCODER (self))) {
      if (buf)
        gst_omx_port_release_buffer (self->enc_out_port, buf);
      GST_VIDEO_ENCODER_STREAM_UNLOCK (self);
      goto caps_failed;
   }

    GST_DEBUG_OBJECT (self, "final caps : %" GST_PTR_FORMAT, state->caps);

final cap print the correct caps and gst-launch -v also shows the right
caps.

Thanks
BK