Feedback for new histogram filter

Dimitrios Katsaros patcherwork at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 06:17:29 PST 2015

Hello,

I am trying to develop a filter for extracting histogram data from streams.
The goal is to push it upstream so feedback is much appreciated. The
problem I have is I do not know what would be the best method for exporting
the calculated histogram. From what I have read, introducing a new
histogram type to be streamed is not preferred. Between GstMeta and pad
capabilities, I can't seem to find conclusive documentation on which method
would be best for this case.

Has anyone with anything relevant to handling and transferring statistic
data? Any documentation or an example of a similar case would be much
appreciated.

Thanks for your help,

Dimitrios