Video streaming via RTSP with VP8 codec

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Mon Jan 19 11:31:38 PST 2015

What version of GStreamer are you using, including RTSP? What OS are you
using? What errors do you see in both GStreamer and VLC? My initial guess
is that the videotestsrc output isn't compatible with the vp8enc element
input, so the pipeline isn't linking. If that is the case, you will have to
supply a format conversion element.