I can't automatically connect sink plugin using playbin2

Thiago Santos thiagoss at osg.samsung.com
Tue Jan 20 05:09:39 PST 2015

On 01/20/2015 06:14 AM, hero88 wrote:
> I made mp3 decoder/ pcm plugin.
> It works well, when it is connected using gst-launch.
> but when using the playbin2, it cannot be connected to pcm sink.
Can you provide more details on what you are trying to do? Why are you
using 0.10?
Does your element get selected by playbin or the problem is that it doesn't?

Does it fail after being selected?
What is the rank of your element?

> "are_final_caps"  return ture, so decodebin2 stop to find next plugin.
>
> And src cap of mp3 decoder is defined as below.
>
> static GstStaticPadTemplate src_template = GST_STATIC_PAD_TEMPLATE
> ("mp3-decoder",
>      GST_PAD_SRC,
>      GST_PAD_ALWAYS,
>      GST_STATIC_CAPS (
>          "audio/x-raw-int, "
>          "rate = (int) {8000, 11025, 12000, 16000, 22050, 24000, 32000,
> 44100, 48000}, "
>          "channels = (int) [1, 2], "
>          "width = (int) {8, 16}, "
>          "signed = (boolean) {true, false} "
>        )
>      );
>

> analyze_new_pad (GstDecodeBin * dbin, GstElement * src, GstPad * pad,
>      GstCaps * caps, GstDecodeChain * chain)
>
> {
>
>    /* 1.a if autoplug-continue is FALSE or caps is a raw format, goto
> pad_is_final */
>    if (are_final_caps (dbin, caps))
>      goto expose_pad;
>
> }
>

> --

Thiago Sousa Santos
Senior Multimedia Engineer, Open Source Group
Samsung Research America - Silicon Valley