Looking for cerbero documentation (deps managing issue)

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 12:25:45 PST 2015

> Hi,
>
> Is there any available documentation (other than http://docs.gstreamer.com
> cerbero tutos) for cerbero tool?
>

> I'm facing an issue managing dependency of two libs.
>
> My foo recipe depends on bar recipe. Bar files are located in (devels =
> $prefix/include/bar/bar_lib.h and libs = $prefix/lib/libbar.so)
>
> In foo recipe I have set deps = ['bar']
> Foo configure tool always complains about bar_lib.h not found.
>
> My first thought was that cerbero will give by himself bar_lib.h and
> libbar.so paths to foo as bar is set as deps and those files are declared in
> bar recipe.
>
> I tried to create bar libtool and pkconfig files (with LibtoolLibrary and
> PkgConfigWritter) setting correct -I${includedir} and -L${libdir} -lbar
> flags but configure still can't find bar_lib.h
>

> To make it work the hack I found in foo recipe is to manually use append_env
> to add to CFLAGS: -I$prefix/include/bar directory and to add LDFLAGS
> -L$libdir to link with libbar.so.
>
> Do you have an idea of what i'm missing?

Hi Eric,

It looks more like a generic build system issue than an cerbero one.
How is your configue script checking for bar_lib.h ? If you are using
autotools, the configure checks are logged in config.log, and it's
usually the first place to look for errors when a check fails.

For example autotools projects usually check for headers and libraries
in 2 ways: with pkg-config or manually. The first one is when your
library installs pkg-config files, and it's the simplest scenario. You
can use the PKG_CHECK_MODULES macro and if everything goes fine, you
will end up with BAR_LIBS and BAR_CFLAGS variables that you can use in
your Makefile.am. The second one requires you to check for the headers
and the library manually.

> Regards,
> Eric
>

> --