Gst-inspect not finding built plugins

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Sat Jan 24 07:28:46 PST 2015

On Sat, 2015-01-24 at 16:03 +0100, Sérgio Agostinho wrote:

Hi Sérgio,

> I need to compile gstreamer 1.4.4 with the vpx encoders/decoders.
> Since I'm still running on Ubuntu 12.04.5 and the libvpx-dev in
> apt-get is bellow the minimum version so I had to compile the latest
> vpx 1.3.0 version from source. libvpx got built and installed and I
> was able to build the plugin and also install it (at least I thought
> so).
>

>         nexusdev at ubuntu:~/.cache/gstreamer-1.0$ ls /usr/local/lib |
>         grep vpx
>         libvpx.a

Looks like it only built the static version of the library, not the
shared one. Try passing --enable-shared to libvpx's configure.

And make sure the

  pkg-config --modversion vpx

shows the version you expect, if not you might need to

  export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

for that to work and for GStreamer's configure to find it.

 Cheers
  -Tim