RTCP SR NTP to string UTC time and gst_rtcp_ntp_to_unix

Mario Montagud Climent mamontor at posgrado.upv.es
Thu Jan 29 09:08:19 PST 2015

Dear all,

I have a similar problem. I have the C code for the transmission and
reception RTP/RTCP pipelines, and I am able to retrieve the fields
from the RTCP packets using the provided callbacks.

Next, I want to compare the value of the "sr-ntptime" field to the
value of a current timestamp. I have tried with the current NTP
timestamp, the current UNIX timestamp (using the
gst_rtcp_ntp_to_unix() method) or to the local clock of the rtpbin
element (or of the pipeline), but I do not obtain close coherent
values in any of such options.

I have tried this by setting the "ntp-sync" property of rtpbin to TRUE
and the "use-pipeline-clock" to both TRUE and FALSE.

So, basically, my question is: which clock value (and in which format)
is used to fill the NTP timestamp field of the RTCP SR packets? How
can I compare the NTP timestamp from the received RTCP SR packet with
a current timestamp from my C code?

Your comments will be much appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best,