Getting frames from appsink

maxilase zenos_22 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 6 04:58:21 PDT 2015

So, I got the occasion to dig in the problem.

I did some benchmark and noticed that the period of my "frame pulling
function" play a very important role but I can't figure out why.

As my caps extractor said, the framerate is 30/1 (which I understood as 30
frames per second) according to my calculation, there should be a new frame
to look at every 33.33 ms.
However when I do put my period to 33 ms, the 6s image delay happend.
When I put it back to 30ms, everything become perfect (I go the same as
autovideosink, with this source).

Anyone already had this issues ?
Is my understanding of the "framerate" caps correct ?

-----
They did not know it was impossible, so they did it!
Mark Twain