Passing my own metadata

Dimitrios Katsaros patcherwork at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 01:03:30 PDT 2015

No, that is incorrect. The framework is build as such that you do not need
to reimplement existing components to handle the passing for metadata.

Instead, every metadata type defines its own transformation function that
allows you to manipulate metadata for any given case of transformation,
weather it is passthrough or a copy transform.

For an example of metadata handling you can check out:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/pwg/html/section-allocation-meta.html

I would also suggest seeing how other people have implemented metadata. A
good example, that is a bit more advanced, is the video metadata used by
all video components. You can find the source file in
gst-plugins-base/gst-libs/gst/video/gstvideometa.h/c

Dimitrios