serving raw PCM/RGB over HTTP

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Sun Jul 12 03:53:24 PDT 2015

On Sat, 2015-07-11 at 17:42 -0400, Adam Puckett wrote:

Hi Adam,

> I run a server that generates and serves raw PCM and RGB data over
> HTTP using the loopback address, and I want to use GStreamer to mux
> the streams into a WebM file. So, as wonderful as uridecodebin is for
> decoding non-raw sources, I'm afraid it might not suit my needs,
> unless there's a way to limit the type, width and height, samplerate,
> and number of channels with a capsfilter. Is this possible?

You might be able to do something like

  souphttpsrc ! audioparse format=raw raw-format=s16le rate=44100
channels=2 ! ...

and

  souphttpsrc ! videoparse format=rgb width=X height=Y
framerate=N/1 ! ...

assuming the audio and video are served separately and the data served
is always frame aligned and video strides match.

Alternatively, you could put the raw PCM/RGB into matroska and serve
that.

 Cheers
  -Tim