Solution for secure video client which will play NOT live video

doon don-prog at mail.ru
Tue Jul 21 08:16:29 PDT 2015

I want to create a client app with gstreamer player. Any user can upload
video or audio to the server and then they can watch they own videos or
videos which other users allow them to watch. But I think I can't do it just
with http, because I can't protect private videos from another users which
can just open this link(may be I need to use credentials?). In this case I
think I need to use something like my own TCP server. Client will connect to
the server and server will stream video to the client. Is this good idea?
Where's weaknesses? What are the alternatives? And can I create not player
which will play video like live stream(after one playback buffer deletes
data), but which will download full video and after that(and during that)
will can seek it and play many times?