Generic DMABUF to vaapi h264 encoding

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Tue Jul 21 08:59:14 PDT 2015

Le mardi 21 juillet 2015 à 14:47 +0200, Volker Vogelhuber a écrit :
> As this is not a V4L2 exported DMABUF I guess the
> usual samples using DMABUF-import from the V4L2 plugins do not work.

I forgot to mention that I didn't understand this sentence.

  v4l2src io-mode=dmabuf ! vaapipostproc ! vaapiencode_h264

Should in theory work. Just like:

  ... ! vaapipostproc ! v4l2sink io-mode=dmabuf-import

But it all depends on the driver expected format and allocation type.
There is also many ways that this won't work. An example, if you use
libv4l, it's known limitation that DMABUF cannot be used, color format
may not match, padding may not match, etc.

Nicolas