rfbsrc + vino VNCServer resulting in Inverted color

gst_learner santhoshneyveli at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 06:16:59 PDT 2015

Hi all,

With a vino VNC Server on Ubuntu and the rfbsrc gstreamer pipeline mentioned
below I'm able to get the desktop stream. But the colors are inverted and
unclear at places.

I've used this pipeline,
gst-launch-1.0 rfbsrc host=XX.XX.XX.XX port=5905 password=XXXXXXXX
incremental=false ! video/x-raw,format=xRGB ! videoconvert ! autovideosink

Suspecting a problem in the colorspace, I tried changing the capsfilter to
all supported formats of rfbsrc (RGB, RGBx, xRGB, BGR, BGRx, xBGR). None of
them give the correct output.

Please suggest a probable cause or a fix if possible.

Thanks!!