cerbero - windows - generating .pdb files?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Jun 12 07:46:12 PDT 2015

On Fr, 2015-06-12 at 14:31 +0000, Spruyt, Randy wrote:
> Just wondering how one would build a debug version of Gstreamer for
> windows in cerbero and generate .pdb files?

You currently don't unfortunately. We build with MINGW, and that can't
build pdb compatible debug symbols. AFAIK the pdb format is also not
documented anywhere and nobody reverse engineered it yet.

The binaries include debug symbols compatible with gdb though.

To get pdb debug symbols you would have to build with MSVC, which is
currently not supported by cerbero.