Pipeline freezes only on OS X

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Mar 12 03:10:01 PDT 2015

On Do, 2015-03-12 at 11:59 +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 12/03/15 11:37, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> > On Do, 2015-03-12 at 05:16 +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> >> Hello.
> >>
> >> I have a problem where video is played normally under Linux and Windows,
> >> but in OS X (10.9.5) the pipeline just freezes.
> >
> > Can you get a backtrace of all threads when it freezes? This might be a
> > bug that is already fixed in newer versions (by a patch to GLib we ship
> > in cerbero).
>
> Can you point me to the patch in question? I can then build manually
> with the patch applied and see if it fixes it. If not, then I can
> investigate backtraces.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/tree/recipes/glib/0015-Implementation-of-Cocoa-event-loop-integration-in-GM.patch?id=3621637171eb720853d83b5131bac7044ce6836e

You also need to run either a GLib mainloop on your main thread, or run
a NSRunLoop there. Otherwise things won't work properly on OSX as many
OSX APIs require a NSRunLoop on the main thread.