gst_buffer_resize_range bug ?

Gregor Boirie gregor.boirie at parrot.com
Mon Mar 16 02:04:46 PDT 2015

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use gst_buffer_resize_range to reuse space located ahead of a
GstBuffer, i.e. with a negative offset passed as 4th argument (and negative
size as required).
gst_buffer_resize_range always returns false in my case, meaning failure...

Here is my simple question: is gst_buffer_resize_range meant to be used for
buffer head resizing ?

Digging a bit deeper in the code shows what seems to me a faulty comparison
between signed and unsigned variables.
Applying the patch provided in attachment corrects behaviore for me.

Any comments ?

--
Gregor Boirie
Parrot TDS/Streaming