Raspi 2+logitech c920+gstreamer

Sérgio Agostinho sergio.r.agostinho at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 02:31:33 PDT 2015

Hi Brad,

1 - If you simply do this

gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! queue ! \
video/x-h264,width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1 ! h264parse ! avdec_h264 !
autovideosink sync=false text-overlay=false

Is the quality and latency ok?

2 - The rtpjitterbuffer element is buffering and therefore it will always
introduce some latency in the pipeline. You can adjust this latency to your
needs through its "latency" property. For your initial tests you might as
well just remove it from the pipeline to get a baseline in terms of
latency.

3 - When setting the capsfilter after the udpsrc, you should try and copy
the exact caps you get from the udpsink sink pad, in the sender pipeline.

4 - If possible make sure the pc and raspi are connected through ethernet,
just to be sure it's not your wifi.

Cheers