help with test-multicast

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Fri May 8 07:37:29 PDT 2015

Hi

I am trying to understand something about the test-multicast example.

I saw another file there called test-ogg.c; I took the "pipe" from
test-ogg.c
and put that in replace of the pipe in test-multicast.c

So this gives me:
===================
  /* make a media factory for a test stream. The default media factory can
use
   * gst-launch syntax to create pipelines.
   * any launch line works as long as it contains elements named pay%d. Each
   * element with pay%d names will be a stream */
  factory = gst_rtsp_media_factory_new ();
  gst_rtsp_media_factory_set_launch (factory, "( "
      "filesrc location=file.ogg ! oggdemux name=d "
      "d. ! queue ! rtptheorapay name=pay0 pt=96 "
      "d. ! queue ! rtpvorbispay name=pay1 pt=97 " ")");

  gst_rtsp_media_factory_set_shared (factory, TRUE);
=============

I then copied my file in the current directory and named it file.ogg
I ran ./test-multicast

No errors were printed, so then on another machine I tried all the
following:

totem rtsp://224.3.0.0/test
totem rtsp://224.3.0.0:8554/test
totem rtsp://224.3.0.0:5000/test

all came back with and error.

I wish to multicast the file.ogg at an address 224.3.0.0 on port 5000
does this not accomplish that?

What piece might I be missing?

Thanks

Jerry