gst-streaming-server

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Fri May 8 11:12:30 PDT 2015

On Fri, 2015-05-08 at 17:33 +0000, Clarke, Trevor wrote:

Hi Clarke,

> I'm trying to play around with gst-streaming-server but there doesn't
> seem to be much documentation. I'm able to get the server running and
> access the admin pages. When I add a stream I see the option for http,
> tcp, or icecast push streams. I'd like to be able to push from a live
> gstreamer pipeline (something like videotestsrc ! videoconvert !
> x264enc ! mpegtsmux) but I'm not sure how to connect that to a tcp
> stream. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Are you sure you need/want gst-streaming-server?

If all you want is provide some stream(s) over TCP, perhaps

 ... ! mpegtsmux ! tcpserversink

would do? It should support multiple clients.

To provide a stream over http, something like this would be a simple
setup:

https://coaxion.net/blog/2013/10/streaming-gstreamer-pipelines-via-http/

If you want to provide a range of different inputs in multiple formats,
that's something else of course.

Cheers
 -Tim