Restart pipeline on EOS?

Arnaud Loonstra arnaud at sphaero.org
Tue May 19 04:20:36 PDT 2015

Hi All,

This must be a very simple question but I can't seem to find a working
approach

I'm just playing a playlist of videofiles. When a video is finished I
want it to play the next file.
So on EOS I just set the pipeline to READY, set the uri property of the
uridecodebin and set the pipeline to PLAYING.

This works before the EOS event but not on EOS. It just keeps sending
the EOS event.

What's the right approach into simply looping videofiles?

code is: (python)

self.pipeline.set_state(Gst.State.READY)
self.videosrc.set_property("uri", self.pls[self.count])
self.pipeline.set_state(Gst.State.PLAYING)

Rg,

Arnaud