Restart pipeline on EOS?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Tue May 19 07:30:12 PDT 2015

Hi,

Le mardi 19 mai 2015 à 15:46 +0200, Arnaud Loonstra a écrit :
> If I set the pipeline to paused it continues playing. If set it back
> playing it pauses for the duration of the paused interval. Weird...

It's the sink that control play/pause. The sink will block the flow
when in pause, effectively pausing the pipeline, and will synchronise
to the clock (compensating for the pause duration). The other elements,
nearly behave the same in these two states. Unless you know what you
are doing, using locked state on a sink element is not a good solution.

The window being closed is just a side effect of letting GStreamer
create window for you. If you create your own window, and pass it to
GStreamer, it won't get closed.

Nicolas