Loop a file using playbin without artefacts

Arnaud Loonstra arnaud at sphaero.org
Thu May 21 09:02:01 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm doing a simple looping of a h264 file (raspbian provided test.h264
for example)

When I receive a SEGMENT_DONE message on the bus I seek to the
beginning:

flags = Gst.SeekFlags.FLUSH | Gst.SeekFlags.KEY_UNIT |
Gst.SeekFlags.SEGMENT
self.playbin.seek(1.0, Gst.Format.TIME, flags, Gst.SeekType.SET, 0,
Gst.SeekType.SET, -1)

This works fine however every time the player jumps to the beginning
the first frame is showing a lot of those typical artefacts.

Is there any approach, apart from using a frame based codec, to
workaround that?

Rg,

Arnaud