Capture plugin with multiple src

Rushin Shah rushin.shah at einfochips.com
Mon Nov 2 21:52:33 PST 2015

Thanks for your response Nicolas!

I mean by non compliance with V4L2 is that I can't directly use my camera
using v4l2src in pipeline. However I have directly used appsrc and pass the
stream data to further elements in pipe. But using appsrc I cannot have an
independent element that can be used in command line pipeline.

What I want to do is to write a custom plugin similar to uvch264src that can
support multiple source pads. One source pad can capture YUV data and pass
on to further elements in pipe and another source pad can capture H264 data
and pass on to further elements in pipe.

Following pipeline describes what I want to achieve:

gst-launch-1.0 mycustomsrc device=/dev/video0 name=src src.rawsrc !
video/x-raw, format=NV12, width=640, height=480, framerate=15/1 ! fakesink
src.h264src ! video/x-h264, width=640, height=480, framerate=30/1 !
h264parse ! avdec_h264 ! fakesink