Reuse media in RTSP Server

aquarius1302 tavinhloc1302 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 05:58:06 PST 2015

Hi every body,
I'm developing an application that streaming video from raspberry Pi to
mobile device.
I'm now using gst-rtsp-server to create an RTSP Server and open stream with
a mp4 media file ( next will be camera ).
I've a seen in the source code. File rtsp-client.c function find_media, when
receive the request DESCRIBE, the media will be prepare and this media will
be cache for next SETUP request with same client WITHOUT breaking the
connection.
I wonder if there are any method, idea help me to cache the media even
mobile device disconnect to the server, when it reconnect, the server don't
need to re-prepare the media again, like reuse it in SETUP request.
I did see there is a function gst_rtsp_media_set_reusable. But when I set
the value to TRUE. I can connect in the first time, but when disconnect. The
client can't re-connect to the server and can't receive the stream too. It
give error log "no media" when re-connect to the server.
Could you please give me some simple instructions here?
Thanks & Best Regards,
V.L