Only partial file is encoded : using mpegtsmux

Sujata Gaddemane gsujata at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 03:25:35 PST 2015

Thanks a lot Tim.
That was the exact problem. With increase in audio queue size, the pipeline
started working.

Here is the new pipeline.
gst-launch-1.0  filesrc location=AMGBVE2015BUM000001AR.ts ! tsdemux name=d
! queue max-size-time=2000000000 ! aacparse ! avdec_aac ! audioconvert !
voaacenc  ! queue ! mux. d. ! queue ! h264parse ! avdec_h264 ! x264enc !
queue ! mux. mpegtsmux name=mux  ! filesink location=out.mpeg

Regards,
Sujata

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Tim Müller <tim at centricular.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2015-11-13 at 10:12 +0530, Sujata Gaddemane wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I am using following pipeline to decode audio and video of the stream
> > from file and encode them and then finally mux both audio and video
> > using mpegtsmux.
> > The resultant muxed file is way smaller than the original file and
> > the pipeline just hangs.  Can anyone help me to solve this issue? Any
> > pointers to how to debug this issue will be of great help.
> >
> > gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=B4USO129606056.ts ! tsdemux name=d  !
> > queue ! h264parse ! avdec_h264  ! videoconvert ! x264enc ! queue !
> > mux. d. ! queue ! aacparse ! avdec_aac ! audioconvert ! voaacenc !
> > queue ! mux. mpegtsmux name=mux ! filesink location=out.ts
>
> The problem here is probably that there isn't enough buffering in the
> audio branch.
>
> x264enc by default consumes up to 2-3 seconds of buffers before it
> outputs a first encoded buffer. tsmux needs a buffer from both the
> audio and the video branch before it can output anything, but once the
> audio queues run full tsdemux will be stuck and can't push more buffers
> into the video branch and then everything hangs. queue by default
> provides 1 second of buffering, so there's 2 seconds of buffering in
> the audio branch. You can check if this is the problem by setting
> x264enc tune=zerolatency. If so, just set the audio queue to unlimited,
> like queue max-size-bytes=0 max-size-time=0 max-size-buffers=0.
>
> It would also hang if the input file didn't contain any AAC audio or
> H264 video but data in some different format.
>
> Cheers
>  -Tim
>
> --
> Tim Müller, Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com